Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Garylene

I have heard so much about her from my sister Daina on how fabulous Garylene was but I never really knew how fabulous she was until I finally got to meet her. Up until our shoot we were only in contact via email and chat but already her bubbly personality shown through (you can't hide fab behind text and a screen).

I can see why she is my sister's BFF. Her laughter and wonderful personality can't help but make you smile and feel at ease. Gare brought along her friend (who was equally as enjoyable and who made a really good prop hehe). We couldn’t help but laugh and make fun of ourselves the entire time. The wind kept attacking her hair and I kept fussing with my odd clothing ensemble (don’t ask), thank God I don’t have photos of myself.

Afterwards I had invited them along to the Scott Kelby’s World Wide Photo Walk. (If you can find me I’m hiding behind Gare). After walking for a few hours in North Beach we decided to meet up with Daina at my place to rest our puppies and play a serious game of Settlers of Catan!

Like all things that are good they have to come to an end. Sadly Gare is leaving us for law school back east (my sister is already struggling to come to terms with it). She will be terribly missed and I’m seriously jealous of East Coasters now.

I’m so glad though that I got a chance to meet such a wonderful person. I think everyone needs a Garylene in their lives to make it just a bit brighter and full of laughter.

















2 comments:

Sweet Dainish said...

I <3 this and I <3 Gare! I am soo sad that she is leaving and after I read this my heart tugged. :( I've never met anyone in my life that I have become such quick and close friends with and is so similiar to me (there are many times we show up to work wearing the same kind of outfit-it's bizarre). She truly is a blessing and you can see it in her eyes, smile and personality. The pics are wonderful and her smile can brighten up anyone's day! I LOVE how you capture her true beauty and pure joy. The closer we get to her last day with us, the sadder I become. There truly is a strong force between us and I don't know what will happen when my twin is on the other side of the country. On the brighter side I'm absolutely proud and thrilled for her new venture, she thrives in everything she does and I will have someone to visit on the East Coast! These pictures and the moments captured are really astonishing and is the perfect way to show the world how wonderful and remarkable Garylene truly is. We really will be missing out and the East Coast is really lucky. BFFs forever. ^-^ <3 ~Daina

Unknown said...

awww.. i love this blog about Gare! She truly will be missed.. I'm blessed to have met such an awesome genuine person and I can see why she's Daina's BFF.. and i absolutely love the photos! Daina is absolutely right how all the photos capture her beauty, bright and genuine smile and personality.. Gare is such an awesome person and will brighten up anyone's day.. she'll be missed :***(.. but more of a reason to go to the East Coast to visit! <3 and miss you Gare!! :(
<3 Davon