Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Mom

I've finally found some time to sit down long enough to write something! It's the beginning of the New Year and there are so many new things going on. The main thing of course is our little Luke joining our family.

As first time parents it's been quite a ride and it's only been six weeks! We've tried to prepare ourselves mentally for this but every day is a winding road full of surprises and wonder. (Like this morning, when he peed on me during a diaper change, after I had JUST taken a shower :).

He's been a challenge but we could not have asked for such a sweeter baby. It seems like he's changing every single day. I wake up in the morning and go "Who are you?" to him in his crib because he is not the same baby I put to bed the night before. (I'm sure all you parents out there know what I'm talking about). Thankfully we are there to snap as many photos as possible of him so we can remember what he looked like (the day before).

Although we are excited about Luke we are also excited about coming back from our Baby sabbatical and begin shooting again. Stay tuned!

Cheers!

Megs


Asleep in his favorite swaddle blanket from aden + anais. (I absolutely love these blankets!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously you're the best mom photographer! Luke is going to love his pictures when he gets older!!