Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day






It was 7 am Mother's Day morning and Mitch and Luke had taken me out for an early breakfast. Before our food arrived Mitch slid a green folded up piece of paper to me and said this is from Luke.

My eyes teared up as I read how he thanked me for feeding him, playing with him, and taking him places. He also told me how much he knew I loved him and how he loved Mommy. On the other side were drawings of an airplane, a frog, a bottle, my Canon camera (complete with the red ring on the 50mm lens), and our family riding in the Scoobie. Images of our life.

Mitch smiled at me and said, "He also drew all that with crayons from his Dad's collection. I believe he's been saving those since kindergarten".

Mitch remember how much I love old crayons from when we were children (they don't make crayons like they use to). Aside from his wonderful gifts of massages (yes plural) while he watched Luke, I think I"ll treasure the card the most. It was written and drawn by a 5 1/2 month old! How amazing is that! *wink*


Megs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, that is so sweet what a great dad Kudos for Mitch. It was a wonderful mothers day and a gerat day with the family!

Bean said...

I am so glad your first mother's day was so special. Luke is going to be so impressed with himself when he's old enough to read his first mother's day card. He has set the bar really high for himself! :)

P.S. I have crayons, too. I used to buy new crayons and school supplies every year. Then Mike told me those were for people who were going to school. :(